There’s a lot more than meets the eye when it comes to the stars. In astrology, your zodiac sign is the biggest influence in your personality and life. You could be one of 12 signs based on the location of the expressive sun during the minute you were born. Here are 14 interesting facts about zodiac signs that you’ll wish you knew earlier!
- Scorpio and Pisces pop up more often than any other horoscope sign in a breakdown of all presidents. The least common sign is Gemini, as there have been only 3 U.S. presidents with the sign.
- Of all the zodiac signs, Cancer are the most frequently arrested according to an analysis from the FBI. In addition, their crimes are more serious too.
- Leo’s are twice as likely to hit the gym compared to any other sign according to a survey of 10,000 UK women.
- Japanese people attribute personality traits to blood types instead of horoscope signs. Don’t be surprised when you get asked your blood type when you’re getting to know someone in Japan!
- Sagittarius’s are twice as likely to become famous compared to any other sign according to research conducted by Cartoon Network. According to them, one in five child stars are born during that time in the zodiac chart.
- According to a study conducted in Australia, Leo’s are most likely to get caught for speeding than any other sign. In addition, they are 40% more likely to get a ticket than a Libra.
- There are more billionaires who are Aries than there are from any other sign according to an analysis of the Forbes list of billionaires.
- The zodiac was originally used by farmers to track when to sow seeds and harvest crops via utilising the constellation positions in the sky.
- In 1924, Fran Elsbeth Ebertin, a German astrologer, predicted that Hitler would rise to power.
- There was a sharp decline in the popularity of astrology until an astrologer named R.H. Naylor brought it back from the dead when he gave a horoscope for Princess Margaret after her birth. Following that, he began a weekly newspaper column, kicking off a trend that is now popular all around the world.
- There were 13 signs when the zodiac was originally created. However, because the Babylonians used a 12 month calendar, Ophiuchus (the 13th sign) got dropped as there was no room for it.
- Both Franklin and Theodore Roosevelt enjoyed astrology.
- People born under Leo, Scorpio, Taurus and Cancer are more likely to earn $100,000 or more annually than any other sign, according to a survey from CareerBuilder. Unfortunately, Capricorns and Aquarians are more likely to earn less than $35,000 a year than any other sign.
- Geminis have a tendency to quit their jobs frequently because of their supposedly dual nature.
Do you have any fun or interesting facts about the Zodiac signs? Share them here in the comments section below!
Related 'The Solar System' Facts