As one of the most popular fast-food chains, KFC can be found on virtually every high street. However, have you stopped to think about the nutritional value of the food you eat there? Here are 10 interesting nutrition facts of KFC.
- A KFC fillet burger meal (with a drink and chips) contains a calorie count of up to 750 and 26.9 grams of fat (4.5 grams of saturated fat).
- This is equivalent to 191 skittles, 10 large eggs, 76 gummy bears and 7 and a half bananas (not combined).
- The extra crispy and spicy crispy option of the grilled chicken breast has significantly fewer calories than the original recipe (180 calories vs 390 calories) and just 6 grams of fat (compared to 23).
- Green beans are the best side offered at KFC, with just 25 calories and zero fat. Corn on the cob follows closely with 70 calories and 2 grams of protein.
- The House Side Salad is the best salad, in terms of calories. The ‘side’ size of the caesar salad before the dressings and croutons is 40 calories.
- The Marzetti Light Italian is the wisest choice as a dressing, as it only adds an extra 10 calories.
- In terms of calories and fat (340 calories and 4g fat), the Honey BBQ Sandwich is a good option. However, it contains more than half the sodium that one should consume in a day (1,350 mg), so caution is advised.
- Heinz Buttermilk Dressing is a smarter option compared to the other fat free options (which include tons of sodium and sugar). It is also recommended that half a packet is recommended for your salad.
- The Oatmeal Raisin Cookie contains the least amounts of calories (150 calories and 6 grams of fat) and is thus the smarter option compared to other desserts.
- If you are not the Oatmeal Raisin Cookie type, then you can always opt-in for the classic Chocolate Chip Cookie, which is around the same nutritionally.
Do you have any nutrition facts about KFC? Share them with us in the comments section below!
Related 'Food & Drink' Facts