Want to become the king of trivia with the click of a button? These interesting facts about King Tut are about to make it happen folks…
- Tutankhamun died at just 18 and is widely believed to have been quite unwell for most of his life.
- DNA analysis shows he suffered from malaria.
- And CT scans indicate he was suffering from a rare bone disorder — Kohler disease.
- This would explain the deformed left foot he would have had his whole life.
- Tutankhamun’s tomb contains upwards of 130 different walking sticks.
- Many of them were used, potentially by the king himself.
- The famous gold mask that has come to epitomise Ancient Egypt is King Tut’s death mask.
- He was born circa 1334 BC.
- The identities of his parents are not definitively known.
- It’s thought he was born in his father’s hometown of Akhenaten.
- There is strong evidence that the serious damage inflicted to his body was done just before, or just after, his untimely death.
- The mummification process was also performed far more hastily than tradition would dictate.
- An unexpected chemical reaction caused his mummy to catch fire inside the coffin.
- The nature of the damage to his chest and legs indicates a hunting or chariot accident.
- They may also have resulted from a brutal death on the battlefield.
- His original name was Tutankhaten which means “living image of Aten”.
- Aten was the sun god in Ancient Egyptian religion.
Related 'History' Facts