The zodiac is a fascinating study of personalities and connections. While not everyone believes in the idea of there being 12 distinct ways to define people, it is always interesting to think about. For example, those people born in summer months – Cancers or Cancerians – allegedly exhibit specific behaviours and traits uncommon in others born throughout the year.
But how much do you know about the zodiac? Are you a Cancer? Here are a few interesting facts about the Cancer Zodiac sign that will likely to appeal to you. If you’re born between the dates of June 20th and July 22nd, you are a Cancer in the Western zodiac – and the following traits may apply to you!
- Cancers, on the whole, are said to clam up and retreat when feeling angry. Instead of lashing out at people, Cancers ball up and remain angry only for very short periods.
- Cancers are generally very creative people, who are also supposedly very resilient in the face of stress, and who are in tune with their emotions.
- You’ll likely find that a Cancerian is someone creative with plenty of ambition. Therefore, you may find Cancers to be budding singers, writers, dancers and artists.
- Cancers are also said to appreciate their home life. This means that they often make for good providers. They also love to settle down earlier in life.
- Cancers are more likely to feel before thinking, and as a result, will look for other people who understand their intense emotional links and bonds.
- All star signs have lucky numbers attached to them. A Cancer will often find their luckiest numbers to be 4 and 6.
- Cancers are, on the whole, likely to clash the most with Capricorns (born between December and January). However, they will bond best with Pisces (born between February and March), as well as Scorpios (born between October and November)
- Many Cancerians hate being told what to do. They often like to follow their own paths!
- Famous Cancerians include Elon Musk, Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks, Ariana Grande, Kristen Bell, Sylvester Stallone and Kevin Hart.
- Cancerians are always willing to forgive and forget. They will never turn their backs on family members, regardless of what has occurred between them.
- Cancers are very sensitive, but this does not make them doormats. As mentioned, Cancers are extremely resilient, even though they are intensely emotional people.
- Cancers are more social than many people believe. While they love meeting new people, they often prefer to connect with them through home or familiar environments.
- Many Cancers have difficulty revealing themselves to the world and need help from others to show other people their full potential. However, this never stifles their creativity!
- It is said that Cancers often make great parents. This is thanks to their stable, loving natures, and their interest in creating emotionally stable environments. They also never dwell on arguments or grudges.
- Cancer is thought to be ruled by the Moon over all other planets, governing magnetism and the need for personal growth.
- People with this sign tend to be artistic and rebellious.
- But also protective and loyal.
- Cancer is blessed with a powerful, innate intuition.
- This allows them to read people better than most.
- Cancers are known for their passion and penchant for romance.
- Heartbreak and upset are the Achilles heel for a Cancer.
- They are defined by their generosity.
- Just don’t expect it to be the status quo — they prefer it to be a surprise.
- Whilst Cancerians make reading others look easy, they can be slightly aloof and hard to read themselves.
- Cancerians love pets and are more likely to be cat owners than any other star sign.
- Cancers are also typified by great listening skills.
- This makes them the ideal people to turn to when you need to blow off some steam.
- They are less likely to suffer from panic or anxiety.
- But more likely to worry about the situations others find themselves in.
Cancer Zodiac Sign Quick Facts
|Dates||21 June - 22 July|
|Birthstones||Emerald, Moonstone, Pearl, Ruby|